Emacs Table of Content
When I was first introduced to Emacs, I did not like it. It is too
cryptic for a new software engineer like me. I was happy with Sun
workstation's text editor.
One fine day, I decided to take a closely look at Emacs. After the
steep learning curve. I started to like it. Due to the change in
the working environment, I do not need to work on Unix anymore.
But I continue to use Gnu Emacs on Microsoft Windows.
Here, I want to share with everyone the experiences that I have
with Emacs, so that everyone can enjoy the real power of Emacs.
I must also admit that I am no expert in Emacs. The information
provided here is either copied from somewhere else or some simple
lisp customization scripts that I have written.
My Wish List
Although I have been using GNU Emacs under Windows environment for
a while. I have not found out everything yet. It will be great if
someone brilliant can give some answers to my following difficulties.
- How to customize Cscope for GNU Emacs for PC ?
- How to perform file name completion while telneting to a remote host ?
- I wish cygwin to have dircmp.
- Use grep on remote machine through ange-ftp
- Make cygwin able to run DOS batch file.
- Make Gnu Emacs support IME for Chinese.
- Solve the Emacs / Cygwin TTY Problem
Useful Emacs/Cygwin Links
Some wonderful information or tools that solve Emacs problems.